NOTE: The links to these products are set to Amazon. However, many of these products are also available through Chewy.com. You may also find them available at your local pet stores.
Click on the product links below to see purchase info.
- Fizzion Cleaner : Best Stain and Odor Destroyer out there. Cleans enzymatically, even old stains! Use for vomit, feces, urine, blood and household stains too.
- Zero Odor Pet : Spray on surfaces (or in the air) where you need odor control.
- Zero Odor Litter Box Spray : This spray is used to destroy odor causing bacteria in the litter box. NOT to be substituted for cleaning the litter box!!! Rather, in between cleaning. Especially useful for litter boxes for older or diabetic cats that eliminate large amounts of urine. Research has shown it is extremely effective in attracting cats' return to the litter box, if they have chosen to eliminate elsewhere.
- Stink Free Litter Box Spray: This product is sprayed in the litter box once cleaned and prior to pouring in fresh litter. It safely coats the box and keeps wet litter from sticking to the box.
- Feliway Spray : Calming spray. Used in carriers before transport, used on towels before wrapping cats inside, used in boarding or veterinary situations. MUST SPRAY 20 Minutes prior to introduction to cat.
- Comfort Zone Spray with Feliway
- Feliway Diffuser : Plug in form of Feline Calming Phermones. Covers 600 sq. ft. and lasts 4 weeks.
- Feli-Scratch by Feliway: This is a new product from the Feliway family. It is a liquid to be applied to scratchers, attracts cats to them and entices cats to use them.
- Feliway Multicat : This product is specifically formulated with "friendly phermones" that will help ease tensions in the multi-cat home.
- Comfort Zone Diffuser
- Feliway wipes : Use to wipe down carriers, veterinary tables, etc.. Any surface a cat will be on in an effort to calm kitty while there.
- Sentry Calming Collar: I've heard very positive reports on the calming effects of this collar.
- Snuggle Kitty - This is a plush, stuffed kitty. It comes with a little heart that beats and warming packs that can last up to 24 hours. It used to have holes in the belly so a nursing bottle could fit inside, but I no longer see that in the description. This is a great product to help for comforting orphaned kittens, particularly singletons!
- Bitter Apple - Spray or "roll on" of a bitter liquid to reduce chewing of items
- Loose and Spray Catnip (preferably Kong brand) - Give as a treat or apply to bedding/cat perches/scratchers to attract cats and entice them to use.
- Sticky Paws - double sided sticky paper to deter scratching. Comes in Furniture strips, Large Sheets and Tape Dispenser.
- Cat Nail Caps - Curved caps that are glued onto cats' nails so they won't damage furniture or people's skin. They come in clear, glitter or colors.
- i-click clicker - Light sounding clicker for use in clicker training cats.
- Terry Ryan Treat Pouch - Treat pouch that can be clipped on or worn with included belt for ease. Opens easily and stays open until closed. Lined for easy cleaning. Has a few extra pockets to carry clicker and other small items if training away from home.
- Terry Ryan Clik Stik - Retractable Click Stick great for target training.
- Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Litter - Litter specially developed to attract cats back to the litter box should they have stopped using it for behavioral or medical reasons.
- Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Additive - Substance to be added to currently used cat litter... Top dress the current litter with it to attract kitty back to the box.
- Dr. Elsey's Regular and Other Litters - Dr. Elsey offers a range of litters, the Ultra (regular), senior, respiratory, etc.. These are clumping litters and "hold the clump!" Most cats are very accepting of these litters, particularly when other litters have been refused.
- Stewart's Freeze Dried Chicken Liver
Kennels and Carriers
- Petmate Vari Kennel : Front door only carrier, but has clips for easy dismantling
- You and Me Relaxing Kennel : Front door only carrier, but has clips for easy dismantling
- Richelle Double Door Pet Carrier : Double door carrier! The top door easy access to getting pet in and out of carrier. Side clips for easy dismantling.
- Favorite Pet Carrier : A double door carrier. Easy clips on the sides for dismantling. The top door is wire, like the front door and opens on the side, not toward the front of the carrier.
- AmazonBasics Two Door Carrier : A double door carrier with clips for easy dismantling. The top door allows easy opening toward the left or right and is solid plastic.
- Cat Caps : Chicken flavored capsules that allow a pill/tablet to be placed inside for an easy way to give medications.
- Anchovie Paste : A paste that can be applied to pill/tablet medication directly or onto a cat capsule with the tablet inside to make medicating easier and more palatable.
- Liver Paste By Kong : A liver paste used as a treat and for training purposes. It is also good for covering medications.
Cat Scratchers, Trees and Shelves
Click on the product links below to see purchase info.
- Pioneer Pet...The Ultimate Cat Scratcher : THE BEST scratch post available. Very stable and most cats love to dig their nails in the sisal material surrounding the four sides of the post. Many cats love to jump or climb to the top and watch their surroundings.
- Pioneer Pet...Bootsie's Combination Scratcher: This scratcher can be placed vertical or horizontal, depending on the preference of the cat.
- Imperial Cat Scratch N Shapes : A multitude of shapes and sizes give cute opportunities for kitties to scratch. No one will be embarrassed to have these scratchers in their home!!
- Pet Tree Houses : a number of natural trees with faux leaves: These "trees" are created using actual tree limbs as the framework. Holes are drilled for the placement of included "tree branches with leaves." They are extremely sturdy and the cats enjoy hiding in the leaves! They are made to order and have "wiggle room" on the dimensions.
- Kitty Mansions : This is just a sample company to provide ideas. However they do have good pricing. They offer a wide range of sizes of cat trees/towers from 2 ft. high all the way up to 9 ft. high.
- Refined Feline Lotus Tower: A beautiful cat tree that anyone would be proud to have in their home.
- Refined Feline Lotus Leaf Shelf : A beautifully designed shelf to be attached to a wall for your cat's perching use.
- Refined Feline Lotus Branch Shelf : A larger version of the cat leaf shelf
- Refined Feline Cat Cloud Shelf : A two layer shelf system. They are made of metal and have magnetic sheep skin pads for kitty comfort on the shelves.
- 4CLAWS Wall Mounted Scratching Post
Some of the larger standard boxes are good for kittens or small cats, but cats need an area at least 1 and 1/2 their body length to carry out the complex set of behaviors associated with elimination. For adult cats over 10 pounds and especially for cats that are long bodied I generally recommend using clear storage/sweater boxes. They should be at least 27 inches long, preferably 29 -33 inches long. Any longer and you'll have issues handling it when full of litter. For cats that are standing as they eliminate and might be urinating or defecating outside the box, consider a high sided (preferably 13 inches high) with a "U" shape cut out and smoothed off one of the sides or ends of the box for entry. They are generally not very expensive.